Honey is one ingredient that can be use in all natural skin care recipes. From your hair care to your foot scrub. I use sesame seed oil in my lip balm which has a nutty flavor so I use a drop or two of honey. Here Sharon takes it to the bath and face. And like Sharon I use whole milk powder in baths. You will always have it.
Honey is a undeniably universal food. It is used as a sweetener,however, it has some healing, healthful, and beauty properties. There are an infinite number of honeys that we have to choose from.
It is rich in natural glucose which is an excellent source for energy. Honey also contains small amounts of vitamin B3,copper, manganese, sodium, Potassium,Iron,Phosphorus, and Calcium. There are 288 calories to each 100g. (3.5oz.)
Honey has a bacterial and antiseptic action. It's a soothing drink when mixed with hot water and lemon. I'ts bacterial action and its capacity to absorb moisture made honey a valuable treatment for some burns and open woundsfor many years.
Honey is said to soften the skin,it is incorporated into many skin treatments. You can find many lotions, cremes, bath milks, etc.in your local stores and shopping malls.
A Sweet Treat With Honey For The Skin
by Sharon Hopkins
For the ultimate natural all round healing potion, try Honey. Thanks to Cleopatra's milk and honey baths, Honey has become a favourite with one and all to be used in beauty regime. Beside Cleopatra, there were other beauties from the past, who swear by honey being an indispensable ingredient in beauty treatments.
Pollution, dirt, and other chemical agents in the air make the skin lose its ability to retain water, making it look dry, wrinkled and aging the person bit earlier. The natural hydrating and antioxidant properties of honey trap and seal the moisture, rejuvenate the skin, cleanse the complexion leaving it soft and supple.
Honey in its purest form is suitable for all skin types' even sensitive skin. Beauticians suggest using honey abundantly for radiant complexion. Skin care products like baths, shower gels, face creams, skin lotions, moisturizers, body scrubs and even newborns products contain pure honey.
Treat your self to some simple natural skin care remedies with honey at your home –
- ¼ cup of honey to your bath keeps your skin soft and supple.
- Dry skin = 1 tsp honey, vegetable oil each and ¼ tsp of lemon juice. Pat it on dry areas of your skin, leave for 10 mins and rinse with water.
- Make a moisturizing mask with 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg yolk, ½ tsp almond oil and 1 tsp yoghurt. Apply on your face, neck and other parts of your body. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with water. You skin will feel moisturized and polished with tightened pores.
- For the silky-smooth skin, mix ¼ cup of honey and 3 tsp of rosewater. Apply to face, neck avoiding sensitive areas around the eye. Massage well and rinse with lukewarm water and enjoy the sensation of an all different skin.
- Open the pores on your face by place a cloth dipped in warm water. Smear honey on your face for 20-30 minutes. Rinse first with warm water and then cold water to close the pores.
- Indulge your skin with the paste of 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg white, 1 tsp glycerin and flour. Smooth it over your face, throat, leaving it on for 10 minutes and then washing it off with warm water. Your skin will feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
About The Author:
Sharon Hopkins is the Webmaster for http://www.skin-care-at-home.com that provides information on how to keep your skin healthy and beautiful with home made skin care recipes and tips on skinnutrition.