These homemade toner recipes were sent in by Kezia.
1) Here is how you can make a toner at home. For quickly refreshing your skin, grate a cucumber. Then use a wash cloth and apply the cucumber juice to your face. Cucumber juice is a natural astringent. It can tone and tighten skin!
2) Homemade Egg white Toner Clean face thoroughly using any natural cleanser. Apply raw egg whites to the skin and leave on for at least 15 minutes. Wash off with tepid water.
3) Elderflowers, lavender, orange flower water and rosewater are all classic toners for all skin types. Make a strong infusion of any of the above, refrigerate and use within 3 days.
4) Homemade Lecithin Toner Dissolve lecithing granules in jojoba or almond oil. Apply to face and throat as a day or night cream.
5) Lemon is a strong astringent, dilute with water before using, being careful to keep away from eyes.
6) Homemade Lemon Toner
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup distilled water
2/3 cup witch hazel
Combine all ingredients. Pour into a clean bottle or decorative cosmetics container. Shake well before using. Apply with a clean cotton ball.
7) Pine Toner
2 cups fresh pine needles
1 cup distilled water
1/2 cup witch hazel
Place pine needles in small saucepan with distilled water. Bring water to boil. Allow water to cool completely then strain and discard pine needles. Add witch hazel and stir well. Pour into a clean bottle or decorative capped container. Apply to skin with a cotton ball. Store in a cool dark place.
8) Homemade Protein Toner Beat together 1 Tbsp milk, 1 tsp honey and 1 egg. Apply to face and neck. Leave on as long as desired. Rinse off with warm water followed by a splash of cold.
9) Queen of Hungary Water
This water can be used as an astringent, aftershave, deodorant, hair and skin tonic and even as an inhaled headache remedy:
1 part roses
1 part lavender
1 part rosemary
1 part sage
1 part orange peel
1 part lemon peel
2 parts mint
To 2 ounces apple cider vinegar, add 2 ounces of the above herbal formula. Put in an air-tight glass jar, let steep for about 2 weeks. Strain and add 1 1/2 cups pure distilled rosewater. Pour into a decorative, air tight decanter and use daily.
10) Rose Water & Glycerine Astringent
1/2 pint olive oil
1 ounce rose water
a few drops of glycerin
1 ounce vodka
11) Sage Astringent
4 Tbsp dried sage
4 Tbsp vodka
1/4 tsp borax
3 Tbsp witch hazel
10 drops glycerin or honey
Steep the sage in vodka for 2 weeks then strain. Dissolve borax in witch hazel, stir in the saged vodka and glycerin. Pour into bottle with a tight cap. Shake before each use.
12) Strawberry: Mash strawberries, use as an astringent and cleansing face mask.
13) Violet: Simmer violet flowers in a little milk to make a softening and mildly astringent face lotion.
14) Witch Hazel: Use an extract of witch hazel as an astringent, a skin freshener and to soothe skin irritations.
15) Lemony Lavender Toner
3 drops lemon oil
3 drops lavender oil
3 teaspons of distilled water
Use a soft cotton ball to massage mixture into the skin after cleansing. Follow with a moisturizer if desired.
16) Honey and farina (hot cerial) Toner
You first find something to place it in and put the hot cerial and honey in together. Then you add hot water until its in a thick consistancy. Then put it on your face. Then wait for it to dry then scrub it off with a towel.
It is a good skin toner to make your skin soft and rejuvenate
-Homemade Toner Recipes
Thank you for sending in these recipes Wayne'rAmazon shop now