Home Remedies For Diaper Rash
Diaper Rash by Sharon Hopkins
Baby's skin is the most sensitive and soft. At some time or another, most of babies do come down with diaper rashes despite our efforts to prevent them As the name implies, diaper rash is what appears in the area covered by a diaper. And almost every baby is affected by diaper rash at least once. For some it is rare occurrence, while for some babies, diaper rash is quite a frequent unwelcome guest.
The common cause of diaper rash is that the diaper area is usually covered 24 hours with a diaper; that is often wet and messy as urine mixes with feces. The warm moist setting is just perfect for diaper rash eruption.
Diaper rashes happen irrespective of whether your baby is wearing a disposable or cloth nappy.
Preventing diaper rash
- Change diapers as soon as they get wet and messy.
Home remedy for treatment of diaper rash
- Wash the baby's bottom with running tap water after every bowel movement to give diaper rash relief.
- Dab dry rash area with a soft cloth and apply Vaseline or any rash-free creams or gel.
- Put some oatmeal in the bath water. Keep swishing the water around the area that has the diaper rash for about 15 minutes.
- Mix corn starch & Vaseline to make a paste. Put it on the rash and rash will be gone by the next diaper change unless it is really bad.
- Generously rub the lanolin oil over affected area. The lanolin forms a waxy coating over the area allowing it to heal and not become re-irritated with every diaper
- Pour milk of magnesia all over the rash and next diaper change, the rash will be almost healed. Use until rash is disappears.
- Wash the baby’s bottom with warm water and dry it very good. Take vegetable oil and pour it in your hand. Then apply it to the diaper rash.
- Put plenty of Vaseline on baby and diaper. This forms a waterproof layer between baby's skin and diaper.
The reader of this article should exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this article. Avoid using if you are allergic to something. The responsibility lies with the reader, not the site, and the writer.
Sharon Hopkins manages Home Remedies providing information on home based cures. Diaper rash are the most common for any new born. Try these remedies to relieve your infant from diaper rash.
More Articles on Diaper Rash
As O Quinn puts it Come out of nowhere diaper rash. Here are some good tips on from where it can come from and how to cure it.